A. Purpose and Scope of Position
Part-time internship opportunity in the technology field with responsibility for assisting and implementing information technology (IT) objectives. You must be comfortable in a diverse, fast-paced environment. Working as a team to ensure project goals are reached is essential for success at this position. The ideal candidate must demonstrate enthusiasm for continuous learning, a strong desire to provide excellent customer support, and ability to support multiple projects / activities at the same time.
The IT Intern will be involved with inventory management and project support. Projects include testing sandbox systems, implementing software, custom designs, and many more.
B. Organizational Relationship
This position reports to the IT Manager and is responsible for communicating effectively with other individuals within the IT department as well as other departments as needed. This intern, during certain projects, may report to another individual in the IT department. The IT Intern does not supervise others.
C. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities
• Support the IT department with project implementations.
• Complete day-to-day activities that require IT assistance on-premise.
• Decommission obsolete IT items.
• Assist IT team with testing software deployments.
• Audit systems for correctness.
• Learn proper handling of network infrastructure and buildouts.
• Assist with organization and upkeep of virtual files and folders.
• Identify inventory stocking concerns.
• Help create an IT atmosphere that is intuitive and organized.
• Perform all duties according to SOPs and Good Documentation Practices (GDP), as applicable, and follow appropriate safety precautions and measures.
• Represent the company in a professional manner to the public, customers, and vendors and maintain trusting relationships with customers and fellow employees.
• Support Xtant Medical’s mission to design, manufacture, and distribute innovative, safe, reliable, and cost-effective solutions for the medical needs of patients.
• Develop and maintain understanding of applicable FDA, ISO, and AATB requirements.
• Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills for unique Xtant Medical problems.
• Assist with tracking of current computer, software, and mobile device inventory.
• Assist with troubleshooting.
• Create and maintain exceptional documentation.
• Participate in training plans and programs and complete in a timely manner within set deadlines.
• Complete required training prior to performing a task.
3. Document Control and Record Control
• Assist in the completion and retention of documentation pertaining to all SOPs as required.
• Legibly and accurately complete all documentation associated with assigned duties in accordance with current GDP (as applicable) and review the information of others as required.
4. Other duties as assigned
5. Performance of Duties
• Complete required training prior to performing tasks, including initial orientation and environmental health and safety training. Keep training up to date.
• Perform all duties according to established procedures and follow appropriate safety precautions and measures.
• Conduct himself/herself in a professional and courteous manner in all aspects of interaction with fellow employees and end users.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
• Must maintain confidentiality of donor and recipient information.
• Must maintain confidentiality of employee information.
D. Job Requirements / Preferences
1. Education/Credentials Experience & Training
• Currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience relating to the specific duties and responsibilities.
• Experience with virtual environments, cloud resources, operating systems or networking is preferred.
• Experience providing support across operations, infrastructure hardware and software.
2. Technical Requirements/Skills
• Ability to communicate and present information effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to multitask.
• Advanced computer skills required such as knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
• Professional, team-oriented, organized, detail-oriented individual.
• Ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines and schedules.
4. Special Requirements/Physical Capabilities or Abilities, other Additional Desirable Qualifications
• Must be able to reason independently and work with moderate guidance.
• Ability to interpret data and make sound judgments based on those interpretations.
• Must deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring tact, judgment, and poise.
• Must be able to adapt to quickly changing priorities and schedules.
• Must possess excellent organizational skills.
• Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment.
• Must be able to communicate well and train others in complex and detailed business and production operations.
• A friendly, helpful, and positive attitude is required.
5. Working Conditions
• Part-Time, 10-20 hours / week.
• Must work between hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm MT Monday – Friday
• Working conditions may include long periods of sitting and working at a computer.
• Shift times may vary depending on work requirements.
6. Health and Safety
• Must adhere to all health and safety requirements specified when entering laboratory and manufacturing areas and in the handling of company products.
• Must adhere to health and safety requirements for the use of equipment for work at heights.
• May require OSHA (bloodborne pathogen) training, MSDS/SDS, and other safety training as applicable.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Note: This Job Description is not designed to include a detailed listing of the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. This job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Xtant Medical provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.