Job Posting for Information Technology (IT) Helpdesk Technician I
To apply for this position, please visit our company Careers Page at https://xtantmedical.com/careers/
Location: Belgrade, MT
Why Xtant Medical?
JOIN A RISING organization that is focused on the design, development, and commercialization of a comprehensive portfolio of orthobiologics and spinal fixation systems. Xtant Medical’s mission is to provide cost-effective technology and services that help clinicians efficiently perform their job.
Xtant Medical is seeking a talented and dedicated Helpdesk Technician that will support the company mission to market regenerative medicine products and medical devices. This position provides IT support and assists all divisions/departments and administration of the company. Responsibilities and activities include performance and/or support of computer set-up, maintenance of personnel on the network, as well as computer systems and communication device maintenance. Consideration for cost containment and reduction is integral to solution development, as allowed by functional requirements.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all duties according to SOPs and Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and follow appropriate safety precautions and measures.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to the public, customers, and vendors and maintain trusting relationships with physician partners, customers, and fellow employees.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Xtant Medical’s hardware and software systems and help pilot new projects through the system.
- Research and recommend new equipment and software packages.
- Monitor workstations for proper performance and maintain appropriate logs and other documentation.
- Add new employees to the system; remove system access for terminated employees and make a record of their profiles and computer files.
- Assist with the implementation, support, and inventory of all applications and hardware utilized.
- Add, upgrade, or patch software to workstations as required.
- Monitor computer networks to ensure efficient utilization and identify potential problems and solutions to prevent and minimize outages.
- Add remote users; install VPNs, smart phones, and tablets as necessary.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and make recommendations to resolve IT problems under supervision.
- Under supervision, review, make recommendations, install, and become knowledgeable on software running utilities, facilities, instruments and equipment.
- Train new users on company IT policies, various software programs, and provide continuing technical support.
- Occasionally install new cabling and interface for new Ethernet runs.
- Install computer and communications equipment.
- Organize and maintain IT department files.
- Provide technical support for remote users via telephone, email, and remote computer access.
- Assist with monitoring of equipment maintenance.
- Work with manufacturers and vendors to troubleshoot and repair equipment or schedule service calls as required.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone, electronically via remote assistance tools, and occasionally in person.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Troubleshoot network/software issues and set expectations with users for follow up and resolution of issues
- The ability to timely and accurately identify and document incidents in a ticketing system
- Occasionally be available after hours to resolve issues either remotely or by coming onsite.
- Create and maintain exceptional documentation.
- Assist with researching and evaluating potential software/hardware purchases.
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills.
- Some knowledge of FDA, ISO, and AATB.
- Ability to communicate both and written.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong computer and typing skills with the ability to effectively communicate over email and telephone.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
- Desire to learn and grow in the computer networking field.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
- One (1) year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Associates degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field from an accredited college or university.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Advanced computer skills required such as knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook, GP, and/or other software necessary.
- Willingness to learn IT Platforms.
- Trouble shooting skills and/or computer training/education.
- Experience with virtual environments.
Benefits: Xtant Medical offers competitive wages, and comprehensive Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life and AD&D, and Disability insurance packages
No H1B Sponsorships Available for this Position
Xtant Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.