Our people, philosophy and the way we do business have positioned Stockman Bank as Montana’s premier financial center for business leaders, agriculture operators, commercial developers and real estate owners. We are a Montana-born company, built on western values, focused on creating long-standing relationships through integrity, expertise and results. Our offices are locally managed and community-oriented, allowing us to best serve our customers. Our workforce is well trained and competent and our work environment encourages productivity, personal growth and job satisfaction.
Position General Responsibilities:
This position is the Office’s front line with regard to Customer Service. Expertise and solid product knowledge is a must. Extensive customer contact, position selling and servicing multiple financial services/ products to broaden customer base. Administration of loans and deposits accounts for the maximum profitability of Stockman Bank. Development of new business through the servicing of requests, calling on existing customers, identification and calling on potential customers, and representing the bank in community activities. Process in house residential real estate loan requests, consumer, agricultural, and commercial loans. In a support and primary back-up position, process secondary market loans for Real Estate Department.
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements:
- Requires knowledge of all types of consumer deposit and loan accounts.
- Minimum of 1-3 yrs experience in sales and servicing of multiple financial services and products.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and professionalism.
- High school diploma or GED
Specific Skill Requirements:
- Action Orientation – taking initiative to achieve desired results rather than passively waiting for direction.
- Applied Learning Ability – understanding new information and complex ideas quickly and without confusion.
- Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal) – ability to disseminate complex information in an easily-understandable format to audience of varied knowledge level.
- Creative Problem Solving Ability – looking for solutions to achieve desired results.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Professionalism – maintaining a professional attitude, image, and work ethic.
- Previous Bank Operations knowledge and skills.
Position Specific Responsibilities, Duties and Competencies
Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
Primary Branch Loan Clerk
Maintain the following:
- Build & maintain loan files
- Review loans for proper booking
- Process perfection of documents for all loans
- Process and monitor loan checklists for all loans
- Set-up and maintain tickler system for all loans
- Ensure comment sheets for loans are completed
- Process loan advances & payments; calculate loan payoff requests
- Process paid notes for all loans
- Process any loan general file maintenance requests
- Process any loan TMS entries
- Work with title companies regarding loan closings
- Develop and Maintain van Wagenen Insurance Tracking System
- Process Laser Pro loan documentation for lenders for non-real estate consumer loans
- Facilitate E-Bank, Tele-bank and E-Biz applications for customers.
- Servicing of loan portfolio and monitoring of Consumer Department for compliance with policies, procedures and regulations. Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of consumer products.
- Organize and administer the construction loan draw process
- Prepare and track project budget through excel for project variance.
- Work with borrower and contractor to process monthly draws with 24-48 hour turnarounds.
- Review draw request for proper invoices, invoice amounts, locations of services, and dates.
- Review request for appropriate lien waivers for previous draws or equity injections.
- Approve and communicate the draw with the lender prior to funding.
- Promote the improvement of Stockman Bank through quality customer service, promotion of products, professionalism in conduct, dress, and a diligent work ethic.
- Contribute to a harmonious relationship with other employees to provide and maintain the best possible work environment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Stockman Bank policies and procedures specific to the assigned duties and responsibilities. Possess a general knowledge of other department’s Bank Policies and Procedures.
- Be aware of all new loan account and closed account activity.
- Assist with answering incoming telephone calls as necessary.
- Monitor and direct lobby traffic.
- Observe and enforce all bank policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and adherence to banking laws, regulations and procedures appropriate to area of responsibility; to include Bank Secrecy Act, TRID, Truth in Savings, Regulations E and CC, Right to Financial Privacy, Information Security Awareness, USA Patriot Act (CIP), Regulation H, Physical Bank Security.
- Approve teller loan tickets and audit for tran code.
- Perform Quarterly Audit for paid notes and or Letters of Credit
- Preform Monthly review of title, appraisal, and flood general ledgers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Backup for the following:
- Processing Loans:
- Completion of loan application data input.
- Update application information from completed credit documents.
- Prepare and disburse loans in full after closing.
Application Processing/Tracking Backup:
Prepare documents for internal computer setup, including escrow reserves.
Tracking insurance, Loan Application Log, HMDA Report.
Business Development/Public Relations:
- Service requests and call on present customers to maintain existing business and generate new business.
- Identification and solicitation of prospective customers to generate new business.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors’ products and prices.
- Participation in community events and organizations – leverage this participation to generate new business for the bank.
Maintain a working knowledge of Bank’s written policies and procedures that apply to and concern this position’s area of responsibility, including general regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act, TRID, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and various other Federal and State regulations as they apply.
Physical and Mental Demands (The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Occasionally = 0-33% of shift Frequently = 34-66% of shift Constantly = 67-100% of shift
- Constant lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. with frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. Constantly required to hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details. Constant abilities used/required on the job are mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving and exercising judgment.
- Constantly stand, walk or sit, while requiring oral and written communications with co-workers, customers and transactions with guidance available.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Infrequently climb (up ladders, etc.), balance (to reach items) or drive a car.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Constantly works with others, around others, with co-workers in other departments or branches and with customers and the general public in person and via telephone. Constantly works indoors, in confined areas and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- Frequently works around noise (moderate level). The employee must have the ability to focus on tasks and customers while hearing machines, conversations of others, music, phones, etc., in a confined area.
- Infrequently the employee works alone and also works near moving objects. The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Company Functions and Expectations:
Has the technical knowledge and analytical skills to fulfill job duties in a positive manner. Keeps abreast of new and changing developments in industry/field especially as it pertains to the individual’s position. Has the ability to analyze situation and react accordingly.
Expresses information/thoughts clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form. Keeps communication channels open with subordinates and supervisors. Responds promptly to calls or inquiries in a courteous and professional manner. Communication is effective and efficient.
Establishes priorities, sets goals and meets deadlines in an accurate and efficient manner. Organizes overall workflow and working area. Quickly identifies problems, makes timely decisions and notifies affected personnel. Plans effectively to ensure timely completion of duties.
Is willing to assist others to ensure deadlines are met. Provides assistance to less experienced personnel when needed. Informs appropriate personnel of significant issues in a timely manner. Works well in group environment and with supervisor. Models professionalism by addressing others with appropriate actions and appearance within professional boundaries.
Customer Service Culture
Employees will strive for outstanding, professional and courteous service to our customers and anyone who visits our facility.