- Apply: https://scripps.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Scripps_Careers/job/Bozeman-MT—KBZK/Studio-Tech-II–KBZK_JR023769-1
Bozeman, MT – KBZK
- KBZK, the Scripps CBS affiliate in Bozeman, MT is seeking a Studio Tech to join the team! The Studio Tech is responsible for ensuring smooth operation of technical equipment and services during programs. Performs all duties associated with operating the teleprompter, cameras, studio graphics and audio mixer for broadcast. Demonstrates proficiency in several areas and on at least two technical systems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Ensures studio is prepared and set-ups are complete; assign and set-up mics for on-air talent and conduct mic checks; coordinate studio position/placement for live shows; operate tele-prompter and cameras during live and taped shows
- Operation of various technical equipment including, but not limited to, graphics systems, VizRt and Newsticker. Perform audio mixing, coordinate satellite feeds and monitor usage/charging systems
- Assist technical director with trouble-shooting technical problems and effectively resolves/removes roadblocks as they occur during production in the studio.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- High School diploma or GED; Vocational or technical training preferred.
- 1 – 3 years experience.
- Successfully performed related duties of Studio Tech I for up to one year.
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical systems and floor operations.
- Readily learns and applies training, new techniques and independent judgment.
- Must be able to work a studio lift, capable of lifting 25 pounds or more.
- Office Environment. Employees are protected from weather conditions or contaminants, but not necessarily occasional temperature changes.
- Hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, or exposure to chemicals or infectious diseases in work setting.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation’s fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship for the company.